Chewy Q Knobby Red Tube
Chewy Q Knobby Red Tube – Chewy tubes are the perfect tool for oral sensory input. Children feel more in control having a safe and effective oral toy for their oral input. Therefore using these chewy tubes can help increase proprioceptive input and oral tone. Which as a result enables children to feel calm and integrated.
Your child can gain more flexibility in their thinking as chewing is a calming sensation and offers sensory input for many kids. Reducing their stress levels with chewing can help reduce behavioural problems. You might notice your child’s chewy of either shirts, sleeves or pencils increases when their anxiety is high. Hence why chewing will calm their anxiety and stress levels and keep them regulated.
The Red Knobby Q
Suitable for ages 4-24 Months
- Encourages up/down jaw motion – Practice needed for developing biting and chewing skills, and important for later speech production.
- Encourages side to side tongue movement – Skill needed to move food side to side in chewing
- Allows proper and natural growth of the hard palate – Does not indent baby’s malleable palate.
- Encourages variation in sound production – The mouth is open and available for sound exploration.
- Allows an open mouth for breathing – Helpful when a child has a cold and the nose is stuffed up.
- Encourages tiny hands to grasp Chewy Q and place in mouth – Supports hand to mouth coordination and self- regulation of biting by baby.
- Promotes proper alignment of the upper and lower dentition as teeth erupt.
**Adult supervision required some items have small parts and are a choking hazard.**